What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser when you visit the website, and which your browser then sends back to us to recognize you the next time you click on one of our pages. The cookie is stored on your computer or mobile device. The cookie contains a serial number that allows us or a third party to see and recognize if several consecutive visits come from the same computer.
Cookies might be used for the following purposes:
• To enable certain functions
• To provide analytics
• To store your preferences
What cookies does General Blockchain use and why?
The main purpose of our cookies is to reliably measure the number of visitors to our site and the duration of each visit, to remember your user preferences and help analyze the website’s performance. We use a statistics program on the web server to achieve this.Our cookies fall into three categories:
- A session or essential cookies are used to identify a particular visit to our Website. They are required for the website to operate properly. They allow us to provide services such as improved performance for you as a visitor. If these are deactivated, a user will not be able to use these services.These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our Website.
- A persistant cookies (also called as a “tracking cookies”) are used to monitor website performance and for highlighting areas of the website that are relevant to the user’s visit. They allow us to correct errors and discover effective linking solutions. These cookies will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
In appendix 1 in the end of this document you will find a comprehensive list of the cookies we use. How can I block cookies?
You can learn more about cookies by visiting the following third party websites:
• About.com Browser Guide
• All AboutCookies.org (contains extensive info on managing cookies in most browsers)
• Network Advertising Initiative
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Appendix 1 – Our cookies
General Blockchains (first party) cookies
Strictly necessary cookies for all our websites.
Third party cookies